Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reflection 3: Teaching Practices

I am so glad I signed up for this class! This course has given me more than new tools to try this year, but also a different way to look at how I utilize technology with students. Lori, do you think there would be available times to use the lab or sign out lap tops once a week? I was thinking if this were possible, I would make this one of my professional goals. The first thing I would like to do is to create a wiki where they could work collaboratively together on reading and writing activities. I am also going to show my colleagues how to use del.icio.us so that we can share information. Maybe we could add another study group so that we could keep each other going and get us past the difficulties we encounter along the way.

2 comments:

teacherlee said...

Lorie, I like your idea of making technology one of your professional goals. If I did that, it would keep me involved and evolving...I don't want to forget how to use what I have learned in this course. Thanks for the idea.

Mr. D. said...

Go for it, Lorie! A technology goal using the tools we learned this summer directly involves ELA, could involve math, and promotes differentiated instruction...all of which we are being asked to weave into our professional development plans. Cheryl's phrase is a gem, ...keep involved, keep evolving.